I was diagnosed with Lupus two years ago. It became severe late last year. One of my resolutions for 2016 was to start eating healthy. I have been posting pictures of my meals on my private Facebook account and it gained a lot of positive feedbacks. People started asking me for recipe. So here it is, sharing this to anyone who might be interested to eating clean and maintaining a healthy diet too. Enjoy!
Hungarian sausage is one of my favorite food and I really love to pair it with rice. Three weeks ago, I wanted to dig in with my want for rice but with flares and gaining weight last summer because I ate rice in the province in almost every meal, without yoga 😱, I thought I’ve already punished myself enough. So I sautéed the Hungarian sausage in olive oil with mushroom, quinoa and topped it with Cilantro. Trust me, one of the best recipes I’ve ever made!
1 Hungarian sausage (I use Virginia brand)
2 spoons of quinoa
1/4 cup mushroom
2 garlic cloves
– Chop hungarian sausage according to desired size
– In a stick free pan, cook quinoa. Add 2 cups of water in the pan, put quinoa, boil until tender and dry
– Set quinoa on one side of the pan or set it aside
– On the other side of the pan, add at least a tablespoon of olive oil
– Sauté garlic, onion, and hungarian sausage
– If hungarian sausage is almost done, add mushroom. Sauté until cooked.
– Mix quinoa with the rest of the ingredients and add salt to taste
– Cilantro topping is optional. Serve and enjoy!
Hungarian is not considered a healthy food because it is processed meat, that is if you are hard core with clean eating. I just started with my clean eating last January and it can get really hard to stick to it religiously. This recipe is for people who wants to take it slowly but surely. Thinking of making this at least once a month until I can give up my favorite processed meat. 🙂